Templeball Gallery (Carrboro NC), 13 February 2004
Kirk Adam Gallery (Raleigh NC), 18 November 2005
Lunar Eclipse (Saxapahaw NC), 3 March 2007
Steve Burnett performs as Subscape Annex ( http://www.subscapeannex.com/ ) creating ambient/industrial improvisational soundscapes using Chapman Stick, theremin, constructed objects, and effects. He has performed in several improvisational, cinematic, and ambient contexts and does sound design for theatrical productions and film scores. When making sound Steve is a writer and technical consultant.
Interests: phonography, sonic evocation, pattern recognition and creation, exploration of human-opaque perception data, and collaboration with other musicians and non-musical artists such as working with painters Nemo and Paul Friedrich.
Sound Design for Games
Sound Design for Plays
Events, Exhibits, and Installations
- 23 January 2016 - Solitude: Images/Sounds, RECEPTION. Photography by Marc Alan Sperber; Live music by Dreamphonic, Subscape Annex, White Cascade, Savage Knights Idependent news announcement
- 25-27 March 2011 - Cornwall, UK - Contributed to the (Un) Pleasant Over Drones group work to be performed at the Resound Falmouth 2011 festival of sound art, contemporary audio performance and installations (archive.org site)
- 5-9 May 2010 - Cologne, Germany - Field recording included in the sounds of my neighborhood sound installation as part of the Musiktriennale festival.
- 4 June 2009 - Durham - First Thursday at the Nasher Museum of Art, theremin performance with question and answer session in association with the Christian Marclay Video Quartet exhibit - 5:30pm to 7:30pm, free, cash bar.
- 31 December 2008 to 3 January 2009 - Takaka, New Zealand - The tracks "Whalesongs" and a quad-channel version of Molly-be-damned created especially for the festival sent for broadcast at Canaan Downs Festival
- 4 September to 13 September 2008 - Marrickville, Australia - The Sound of Re-Use - Reverse Garbage
- 19 August to 7 September 2008 - Sydney, Australia - The (Second) Sound of Failure: Experimental Music in a Post-digital Era event - Don't Look Gallery
- 4 April to 13 April 2008 - Uppsala, Sweden - Art Is Not Mute sound archive exhibit - Uppsala konstmuseum (Uppsala Museum of Art)
- 2 February to 2 March 2008 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Art Is Not Mute sound archive exhibit - HIT - (Open Call (PDF) * poster * installation)
- 1 December 2007 - 17 January 2008 - Botkyrka, Sweden - Art Is Not Mute sound archive exhibit - Botkyrka Konstallen (English)
- 13 September 2007 - 19 October 2007 - Dunajvros, Hungary - Art Is Not Mute sound archive exhibit - Institute of Contemporary Art
- 24-26 August 2007 - Sydney, Australia - The Sound of Failure: Experimental Music in a Post-digital Era event - Don't Look Gallery - flyer, 2007 Call For Artists
- 21 May 2007 - 16 June 2007 - Stockholm, Sweden - Art Is Not Mute sound archive exhibit- Ersta Konsthall
- 2007 - Vox Novus 60x60 - submitted composition for 2007
- Chain-Tape Collective:
- The Caustic Continuum podcast (contributor)
- Sleighride - 9min11sec. Chapman Stick, E-Bows, capos, Moog MF-104 analog delay, Boss RC-20 & RC-20XL, Digitech Jamman. Part of the Silber Media compilation Winterizing. (December 2008)
- Meatronic Recording's WHOLE compilation (January 2009)
- Dire Wolves At Christmas North Of The Arctic Circle - 5min30sec - Contact mics, glass jar of rice, shingles, knives, copper pipe, fingernails, loopers, Moog delay, Danelectro Backtalk reverse delay. Composed for the Silber Records 2009 Christmas Compilation White Silber - A Cold Slow Xmas
- Two thirty-second tracks Saucer and Boom contributed to the Silber Records compilation Thirty Seconds of Time (February 2011)
- a very long slow sigh (local copy) included in the Disquiet-curated compilation Lowlands: A Sigh Collective. (March 2011)
- qutub, included in The More Unknown C. Reider: 20 Years of Strange Sounds Reworked by the Netlabel Underground (March 2011)
- Nightside of Eden, included in the Stretched Landscape Remix Project (March 2011)
- One-second Chip Compilation (Youtube video) (discogs page ) (April 2011)
- Snowmarch was included in the IFAR Compilation One (April 2011)