home contact shows sights selected works
chronology phonography the bass tells half the story audible vision cthulhoid and other inspirations bowls physical media
Sound: Cthulhoid and Other Influences
- Dunwich - 6min15sec. Moog Etherwave Pro theremin, Akai Headrush E2, E-H POG, Moog Moogerfooger pedals, Z-Vex pedals. (15 February 2008)
- Cthulhu Walk - 5min31sec. Cable jacks and sockets, Moog Moogerfooger effects pedals, loop pedals (Akai Headrush E2, Digitech Jamman, Boss RC20 and RC20XL). (18 February 2008)
- Irem By Day - 10minutes45seconds. Zeta Crossover electric upright bass, contact-microphone-equipped bow, Danelectro Backtalk reverse delay, Moog MF-104 delay, RC-20 Loopstation, RC-20XL Loopstation, Digitech Jamman. Recorded in the studio on the afternoon 3 May 2009. (posted 5 May 2009)
- Irem at Dusk - 14minutes38seconds. Zeta Crossover electric upright bass, contact-microphone-equipped bow, Danelectro Backtalk reverse delay, Moog MF-104 delay, RC-20 Loopstation, RC-20XL Loopstation, Digitech Jamman. Recorded live at the BFFBog, Chapel Hill NC, evening of 3 May 2009. (posted 5 May 2009)
- Ithaqua Flyby - 10min00sec. Fly contact mic (beard, breath), loop pedals, Moog MF-107 FreqBox, MF-103 Phaser, MF-104 and 104SD delays. (23 Dec 2007)
- Monks of Dagon - 12min20sec. Part I of the Shards Cycle. Included in the Sound of Re-use sound art festival in Australia, part of The Sound of Failure festival.
- Molly-be-damned - 8min8sec. Doomydroningmetallicsludge. What happens when you listen to SunnO))) while reading Pynchon. Zeta Crossover electric upright bass, Jekyll & Hyde distortion pedal, Way Huge Blue Hippo analog chorus, Z-Vex [Lo-Fi Loop Junky, Woolly Mammoth bass fuzz], Boss RC-20 Loopstation. Loop: E-H POG, Z-Vex [Ooh Wah, Ringtone, Seek Trem]. (posted 7 September 2008)
- The Conqueror Worm - 15min35sec, with due acknowledgment to Edgar Allan Poe and Vincent Price
- Hellstrom - 13min00sec. Homage to Frank Herbert's SF novel of humans as termites Hellstrom's Hive. Bogdon Box Bass (cardboard), and loop pedals (Digitech Jamman, Boss RC-20XL, Boss RC-20, E-H 16sec reissue, Line 6 DL-4, Akai Headrush E2). (3 January 2008)
- The Three Tailors - 18min00sec. With much love for the memory of Dorothy Sayers and The Nine Tailors. Eagle fretless 6-string bass, Red Witch tremolo, E-Bows, RC-20, RC-20XL, Digitech Jamman.
- Frankenstein Lost in the Ice - 12min24sec. About two o'clock the mist cleared away, and we beheld, stretched out in every direction, vast and irregular plains of ice, which seemed to have no end. - Mary Shelley, _Frankenstein_ Zeta Crossover electric upright bass, Akai Headrush E2 looper, Moog Moogerfooger MF-101, 102, 103, 104, 104SD, 105, 105B.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License